Please Read the Forum Rules before Posting!
We ask that you follow the guidelines below to ensure that this forum has productive conversation. These rules and guidelines are enforced by administrators and moderators, and at their discretion they may delete posts without warning that do not comply. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a temporary or permanent ban from this site.
- This is an English website: all forum posts must be written in English. Any thread topics or replies written in a language other than English will be removed without notice. This is primarily because we cannot moderate languages we do not understand.
- No “spamming”. No advertisements or referral links to other services. We also classify “spam” as short replies (usually fewer than 7 words) which do not contribute to a forum thread in a positive manner, and are highly discouraged. There are exceptions where some forum threads short messages. Do not post for the sake of forum post count. Your posts will be removed if we see you posting unhelpful or non-contributing messages to our site. This will be at the discretion of administrators and moderators.
- No “necro” behavior (aka “Grave-digging”). No posting replies on very old (inactive) threads which have not been locked. Doing so will have your post removed, with exceptions being in VERY rare circumstances. If you feel strongly enough about posting a reply, then please discuss with a moderator about whether to start a new thread of discussion.
- No discussions of software piracy, hacking, or other illegal material. Linking to these activities will not be tolerated and will result in a permanent ban.
- No “Thread Hijacking”. Please don’t “hijack” a forum thread by changing the subject. If you want to change the subject, please start a new message thread.
- No “Alt-Accounts”. Users who create alternate or multiple accounts are not permitted to post in the forums, and anyone violating this rule will have their posts removed without notice and all accounts linked to that user permanently banned. No exceptions. You are permitted a maximum of one account. If you wish to change your user name, then contact an admin.
- We take the “Be Polite” rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
- No writing hostile or insulting messages aimed at other users or groups for reasons such as their race, religion, sex, opinions, politics, style of writing, status as a user on this side, to bait a negative reaction out of them, or other similar reasons. This is strictly prohibited and will result in an immediate ban. You can debate any topic, but you can do so WITHOUT being mean or hateful about it.
- Do not post or link to sexually explicit content. Keep everything safe for work, and remember that kids visit the website.
- No excessive swearing or language. If you’re that angry about something, take a break from the forums for a while, or confront the other user directly in a private message instead of in the forums. Try to keep it clean.
- Keep your criticism useful and simple. A vague critique of someone’s work is not useful for anyone, be it positive or negative. Everyone wants to improve, and you’re doing a disservice to the people around you by not being clear, specific, and details.
- Do not post any “personally identifiable information” about someone else (also known as “Doxing”). Do not sharing of any information that can be used to identify and locate or contact someone’s personal address and contact information, among other things. This also more loosely includes any personal information about someone that they wish to keep private. Breaking this rule will result in an immediate ban.
- Turn off your caps lock. Do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.
- No plagiarizing of other users’ comments (and in general). This means not using someone else’s written content and taking credit for it. Using the forum’s quote system are the suggested method of accreditation.
- No duplicate topics. Do not post a topic about a subject then post a new topic about the same subject. Any duplicate topics will be removed or merged with existing topics.
- No posting of messages containing images of typed text, especially in an alternate color. This confuses other members who may think you have some special authority, which is against our Terms and Conditions. It also defeats our search engine, which cannot read your message text.
- Our moderators use their own discretion. The rules are not a completely comprehensive list of all possible infractions, and problems will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of each of the moderators. This includes, but isn’t limited to, differences in severity of punishment between each other and between what’s been listed here. We trust our moderators and their decisions, but if you have a problem, talk to one of us in private.
- Have fun! This is just a community website for spriting and animation, after all. So while you’re here, just remember to enjoy yourself and make friends. We won’t bite.
If you have any questions about these rules, then please feel free to contact a moderator or administrator. Please be polite!